Key Features of Wing IDE
Wingware's Python IDE is an Integrated Development Environment designed specifically for the Python programming language. This section of the website describes the feature set of Wing IDE. For each of the feature categories below, we provide a number of screencasts that briefly illustrate how Wing IDE delivers those features:
- Code Intelligence -- Wing IDE understands your Python code and puts context-appropriate knowledge at your fingertips as you work in the editor, debugger, and integrated Python Shell.
- Powerful Editor -- Wing's industrial strength code editor provides many powerful editing features for Python and about 60 other languages.
- Graphical Debugger -- The multi-threaded Python debugger speeds up the process of isolating bugs and facilitates writing new code by providing interactive access to the live runtime state in the paused debug process. The debugger can also debug Django templates, code running on another host, or embedded Python code.
- Unit Testing -- Wing supports integrated unit test execution and debugging for the unittest, doctest, and nose frameworks.
- Version Control -- The integrated version control tool supports Subversion, Mercurial, Git, Bazaar, CVS, and Perforce.
See also: Key Benefits of Wing IDE, which describes why our customers choose to use Wing IDE, and our collection of Screencast Tutorials, which provide more detailed instructions on using the features of the IDE.