Wing IDE 2.0.2 Released: March 14, 2005
We're pleased to announce version 2.0.2 of Wing IDE, an advanced integrated development environment for the Python Programming language. Changes since Wing IDE 2.0.1 include:
- Easier to use Zope and Plone integration
- Extension of the IDE with Python scripts (Wing Pro only)
- CVS revision control system integration (Wing Pro only)
- Reorganized and expanded Project and File properties
- Expanded debug exception handling options
- Ability to view and change text file encodings
- Per-project line ending and indentation policies
- Option to auto-add new files to projects
- Over 70 other improvements and bug fixes
A complete list of changes is available in the change log.
New features in Wing IDE 2.0 include a redesigned customizable user interface, call tips, syntax error indicators, editor tabs and splits, multi-file wildcard and regular expression searching, integrated documentation and tutorial, German localization, support for unicode and other non-ascii encodings, extension of the IDE by scripting, CVS integration, and much more.
This release is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X,and can be compiled from sources on FreeBSD, Solaris, OpenBSD, and other Posix operating systems.
Wing IDE 1.1 users may also wish to refer to Migrating from Wing IDE 1.1.