We're pleased to announce Wing IDE 2.1.4 for Windows, Linux, and OS X. The release can be downloaded from http://wingware.com/downloads. This is a bugfix release that makes 26 fixes and improvements over the previous release, including:
- Better adaptive scrolling in editor on OS X
- Autocompletion for PyQt 4 extension modules
- Fixed several bugs that slowed Wing down
- Documentation for setting up Wing with Webware and scons
- Fixed menu display problems in Hebrew locale
- Fixed integration for Subversion 1.4 entries files with blank lines
- Report exceptions correctly when debugging with pre-python 2.2 runtime
- Correctly handle utf-8 byte order mark
- Fixed failure to print on some newer Linux distributions
A complete list of changes is available.
Version 2.1 is a free upgrade for Wing version 2.0 users; any license for the 2.x series will work with both. Version 2.1 can co-exist with 2.0. Although they share the same configuration files, it is possible to switch back and forth between them on the same system.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).