These are the major new features in Wing IDE 4. Many minor features and other improvements are also included. See the Change Log on the downloads page for details.
|Wing IDE 4's debugger adds special support for matplotlib, so that plots update when working interactively in the Python Shell or in the Debug Probe while the debug process is paused. The TkAgg, WxAgg, Qt4Agg, and GTKAgg back ends are supported.|
Other improvements in Wing IDE 4
Wing IDE 4 also includes hundreds of other minor features and improvements, including the following:
- Auto-Editing (Pro Only): Context-aware auto-insertion of matching parentheses, quotes, spacing, and invocation arguments. Apply quotes/comments/parentheses/etc to selection. Alter string quote style. Adjust indentation after : and insert newline and auto-indent. Continue comments or strings on new line when split.
- Include links to docs.python.org in the Source Assistant
- Smart Tab key option for Python: Toggle indentation to possible positions, and optionally add indentation at line end
- Multi-line history and editing in shells
- Goto-definition on symbols in shells
- Improved auto-completion: Covers more contexts, includes invocation args, auto-enters necessary characters after completion, Turbo mode for Python, support for PySide Qt bindings
- Automatic occurrences highlighting on editors for search string and current selection
- Improved PyLint integration
- Improved VI/VIM key bindings
- Updated French localization
- Expanded scripting API
- Support for Python 3.2
New Licensing Model
Wing IDE 4 also adds some changes to the licensing model: (1) Each license will function on all OSes, (2) Support+Upgrades subscriptions are now available, (3) Wing IDE Professional is licensed for either Commercial Use or Non-Commercial Use, and more. See Wing IDE Licensing Changes for details.