Wing IDE 3.0.1: October 24, 2007
We're happy to announce version 3.0.1 of Wing IDE, an advanced development environment for the Python programming language. It is available from:
This release focuses on fixing minor usability issues found in Wing 3.0 and improves and expands the VI keyboard personality. It is a free upgrade for all Wing 3.0 users.
See the change log for details.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, testing, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
New features added in Wing 3.0 include:
- Multi-threaded debugger
- Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
- Autocompletion and call tips in debug probe and interactive shell
- Automatically updating project directories
- Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
- OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands (*)
- Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion (*)
- Introduction of Wing IDE 101, a free edition for beginning programmers
- Available as a .deb package for Debian and Ubuntu
- Support for Stackless Python
- Support for 64 bit Python on Windows and Linux
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Purchasing & Upgrading
Wing IDE Professional & Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.