- Include default templates previously missing
- Include test runners in correct location
- Fix recursion problem when trying to find name of package not in python path
- Correctly report results of decorated functions in testing tool
- Don't mark valid with statements as being incorrect
- Don't choke on extension modules in .zip / .egg files
Please see the beta testing page for bug reporting and compatibility information.
Version 3.1 introduces a number of new features and includes bug fixes not found in the 3.0 series, as follows:
- Files within .zip or .egg files can be displayed in the editor
- Support for pkg_resources based namespace packages
- Support for doctest and nose unit test frameworks (**)
- Updated code analysis support for Python 2.5 constructs
- Improved support for tasklets in Stackless Python
- In-line argument entry of code templates/snippets (tab and back tab to traverse fields; arrow keys to change template indent, Esc to exit data entry mode) (**)
- Include templates by name in autocompleter (**)
- Simple word list driven auto-completion when working in non-Python files (*)
- Open from Project for quick selection of files from the Project by typing a fragment (*)
- Find Symbol for quick Goto-Definition for symbols in the current Python file by typing a fragment (*)
- Show gi_running and gi_frame in Stack Data for generators
- Sort menus and lists using more natural sorting so x2.py comes before x10.py
- Many bug fixes not in Wing 3.0.x
See the change log for details. (*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal or Professional only. (**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, testing, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free scaled back version designed for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Purchasing & Upgrading
Wing IDE Professional & Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. Wing 3.1 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 users. Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.
To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license: