Wingware has released version 3.2.1 of Wing IDE, its integrated development environment for the Python programming language. This is a bug fix release that includes the following changes:
- Improved support for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6)
- Support for x86_64 Python 2.4+ on OS X
- Support for Stackless Python 3.0 and 3.1
- Fixed Stackless Python support on 64-bit Linux
- Several other bug fixes; See the change log for details:
Wing 3.2 Highlights
Version 3.2 of Wing IDE includes the following new features not found in Wing 3.1:
- Support for Python 3.0 and 3.1
- Rewritten version control integration with support for Subversion, CVS, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce (*)
- Added 64-bit Debian, RPM, and tar file installers for Linux
- File management in Project view (**)
- Auto-completion in the editor obtains completion data from live runtime when the debugger is active (**)
- Perspectives: Create and save named GUI layouts and optionally automatically transition when debugging is started (*)
- Improved support for Cython and Pyrex (*.pyx files)
- Added key binding documentation to the manual
- Added Restart Debugging item in Debug menu and tool bar (**)
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only. (**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal or Professional only.
The release also contains many other minor features and bug fixes; see the change log for details.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence, testing, version control, and search capabilities that reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit). Wing IDE 3.2 supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x.
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from the product when launched.
Purchasing and Upgrading
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.