Wing IDE 3.2.11: October 7, 2010
Wing IDE is a cross-platform Python IDE that provides a professional code editor with vi, emacs, and other key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, a powerful graphical debugger, version control, unit testing, search, and many other features.
Changes in Version 3.2.11
Version 3.2.11 adds the following minor features and improvements:
- Improved Perforce integration
- Improved vi and Visual Studio modes, and keyboard navigation of the GUI
- Correct startup environment setup on OS X 10.6
- On exit or closing OS Commands tool, terminate any running processes
- Syntax highlight InnoSetup files
- Fix debugging scripts under Plone 4 (thanks to Robert Rotterdam)
- Fix Debug Attach to always work under Python 3.x
- Stop at exceptions when using python 2.7 unittest
- Correctly handle moving a file to overwrite an already-open file
- Don't crash debugger when modules set __file__ to invalid values such as None
- About 15 other bug fixes (see CHANGELOG.txt for details)
See the change log for details.
About Wing IDE
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment designed specifically for the Python programming language. It provides powerful editing, testing, and debugging features that help reduce development and debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code. Wing IDE can be used to develop Python code for web, GUI, and embedded scripting applications.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
Version 3.2 of Wing IDE Professional includes the following major features:
- Professional quality code editor with vi, emacs, and other keyboard personalities
- Code intelligence for Python: Auto-completion, call tips, goto-definition, error indicators, smart indent and rewrapping, and source navigation
- Advanced multi-threaded debugger with graphical UI, command line interaction, conditional breakpoints, data value tooltips over code, watch tool, and externally launched and remote debugging
- Powerful search and replace options including keyboard driven and graphical UIs, multi-file, wild card, and regular expression search and replace
- Version control integration for Subversion, CVS, Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce
- Integrated unit testing with unittest, nose, and doctest frameworks
- Many other features including project manager, bookmarks, code snippets, OS command integration, indentation manager, PyLint integration, and perspectives
- Extremely configurable and may be extended with Python scripts
Please refer to the feature list for a detailed listing of features by product level.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit). Wing IDE supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x and Stackless Python.
For more information, see Wing IDE Product Family.
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from the product when launched.
Wing IDE Pro -- Full-featured product
Wing IDE Personal -- For non-commercial users
Wing IDE 101 -- For teaching with Python
Purchasing and Upgrading
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Version 2.x licenses cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.