Brookline, MA -- June 26, 2002
Archaeopteryx Software announced today version 1.1.5, the latest maintenance release for Wing IDE for Python.
Wing IDE is a powerful software development environment that focuses on boosting programmer productivity and enhancing software maintainability. Wing IDE and Python excel in the rapid development of complex web sites and desktop applications, typically yielding 2-10 times the development speed seen with languages such as C, C++, Java, VB, and Perl.
In September 2001, InformIT called Wing IDE "a real power tool to use for the development and debugging of complex Python applications ... Wing IDE is an excellent choice. For hardcore coding, there's nothing to beat it."
Key features of Wing IDE include:
- Module and class-oriented code browsing and source structure analysis
- Powerful source code editor, including syntax highlighting, auto- completion, source index menu, goto-definition, structural folding, auto-indentation, indentation guides and conversion facilities, multi-part key bindings, and keyboard/command macros
- Graphical debugger, including an interactive shell to examine and modify data in the program being debugged
- Ability to debug remote processes, including web CGIs and Zope web application server products
- Extensive support libraries for internet protocols and data handling
- GUI development using Tkinter, PyGtk, wxWindows, and pyqt
- Software project manager
- Interactive command shell
- Many customization options
- Access to product source code
Wing IDE runs on Windows 98/NT/2K/XP and Intel Linux (2.x kernel, libc6), and is available in both a full-featured Standard edition and a Lite edition. Wing IDE Lite omits some of the features listed above and is for non-commercial use only. A beta release for Mac OS X is also available.
A single-user license for Wing IDE costs $149-$179 US (Standard edition) and $35 US (Lite edition). The software is obtained by download but optional CD media is available for an additional $10. Each license includes free website and email support, and upgrades through the 1.x version series. Volume discounts and paid support packages are also available.
A free trial, additional information, and online store are available at www.wingide.com.